Southern Banana Pudding
This traditional dessert with a healthy twist will please your entire family.
PREP TIME :
- 3¾ C cold fat-free milk, divided
- 2 small packages (4-serving size each) fat-free, sugar-free instant vanilla pudding and pie-filling mix
- 2 C fat-free whipped topping, divided
- 32 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Mix 3½ cups of the milk with the pudding mixes. Beat the mixture with a wire whisk for 2 minutes, until it is well blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fold 1 cup of the whipped topping into the pudding mixture.
- Arrange a layer of wafers on the bottom and sides of a 2-quart serving bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the remaining milk over the wafers. Add a layer of banana slices, and top with one-third of the pudding.
- Repeat layers, drizzling each wafer layer with remaining milk, and ending with pudding. Spread the remaining whipped topping over the pudding.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 143, Total fat 2 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 2 mg, Sodium 329 mg, Total fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, Carbohydrates 29 g, Potassium 237 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.