Heart healthy and comforting—the perfect entrée!
PREP TIME :
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ C part-skim grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ C grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1½ C fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ lb cooked lasagna noodles, cooked in unsalted water
- 2½ C low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ C chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1½ C sliced zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine ⅛ cup mozzarella cheese and 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses with the cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine the tomato sauce with the basil, oregano, onion, garlic, and black pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Add a third of the noodles in a single layer. Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture on top. Add a layer of zucchini.
- Repeat layering: Add a thin coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce, and reserved cheese mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 6 portions.
- Tip: To reduce sodium, use low-sodium cottage cheese. New sodium content for each serving is 165 mg.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 200, Total fat 5 g, Saturated fat 3 g, Cholesterol 12 mg, Sodium 368 mg, Total fiber 3 g, Protein 15 g, Carbohydrates 24 g, Potassium 593 mg, Calcium 310 mg, Magnesium 46 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.