Terrific Turkey Meatloaf
Onion and cremini mushrooms add texture and variety to help you get more vegetables on your plate.
PREP TIME :
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 Tbsp. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 2 lbs. ground turkey (mix of dark and light meat)
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions and mushrooms, add thyme and season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add Worcestershire, broth and tomato paste and mix thoroughly. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl combine turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs and onion-mushroom mixture. Mix well and shape into a rectangular loaf in shallow baking dish. Brush ketchup on top.
- Bake 90 minutes or until meat is cooked through and internal temperature is 165 degrees. Serve hot. Leftovers may be served cold in sandwiches.
Nutrition (per serving):
238 calories, 6 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 g carbohydrate, 30 g protein, 1 g dietary fiber, 335 mg sodium.