Mediterranean Baked Fish
A simple, healthy dinner that bring the flavors of the Mediterranean to your table.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can (16 oz) whole tomatoes, drained (reserve juice) and coarsely chopped
- ½ C reserved tomato juice (from canned tomatoes)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 C dry white wine
- ¼ C lemon juice
- ¼ C orange juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated orange peel
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- ½ tsp dried oregano, crushed
- ½ tsp dried thyme, crushed
- ½ tsp dried basil, crushed
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb fish fillets (sole, flounder, or sea perch)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion, and sauté over moderate heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients except fish. Stir well and simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered. Remove bay leaf.
- Arrange fish in 10×6-inch baking dish; cover with sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 °F for about 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 177, Total fat 4 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 56 mg, Sodium 281 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.