Grilled Tuna With Chickpea and Spinach Salad
Tuna is a sturdy fish that is easy to grill or broil.
PREP TIME :
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp oregano, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 12 oz tuna steak, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- ½ can (15½ oz) low- sodium chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- ½ bag (10 oz) leaf spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, rinsed and cut into wedges
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat grill pan or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) on high temperature.
- Combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, and oregano, and brush over tuna steaks. Marinate for 5–10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients. (Salad can be made up to 2 hours in advance and refrigerated.)
- Grill or broil tuna on high heat for 3–4 minutes on each side until the flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
- Serve one tuna steak over 1 cup of mixed salad.
Tip: Try with a side of Quinoa With Paprika and Cumin.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 282, Total fat 10 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 42 mg, Sodium 418 mg, Total fiber 5 g, Protein 31 g, Carbohydrates 15 g, Potassium 874 mg.