Creamy Cucumber Fennel Salad
Fennel contains fiber, potassium, and vitamins C and A. And its mild licorice flavor gives the salad a delicious punch. The Greek-style yogurt with a splash of apple cider vinegar makes a light creamy dressing with the perfect tinge of tartness.
PREP TIME :
- 1 container (5-6 oz.) plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups thinly sliced English cucumber*
- 1 small or 1/2 large fennel bulb, cut into quarters, cored, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 cup)
- 3 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fennel fronds, divided
- In medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add cucumber, fennel and 2 tablespoons fronds and toss to coat.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with remaining fennel fronds. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
- * If using large English cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise before slicing.
Nutrition (per serving):
44 calories, 0 g total fat (0 g. saturated fat), 7 g carbohydrate, 5 g protein, 1 g dietary fiber, 109 mg sodium.