The Asian-inspired marinade delivers flavor, with lower fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
PREP TIME :
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 32 cubes
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 mushrooms
- 8 whole white onions, parboiled
- 2 oranges, quartered
- 8 canned pineapple chunks
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 C dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Dash ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 8 wooden or metal skewers
- Sprinkle chicken cubes with pepper.
- Thread 8 skewers as follows: chicken, mushroom, chicken, onion, chicken, orange quarter, chicken, pineapple chunk, cherry tomato.
- Place kabobs in a shallow pan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over kabobs. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Drain. Broil kabobs 6 inches from heat, for 15 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade every 5 minutes. Discard any leftover marinade.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 359, Total fat 11 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 66 mg, Sodium 226 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.