Cherry Pineapple Delight
This refreshing dessert will satisfy any sweet tooth.
PREP TIME :
- 2 C boiling water
- 1 package (8-serving size)
- sugar-free cherry gelatin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple
- chunks in juice, not drained
- 1 can (11 oz) mandarin
- oranges in juice, drained
- 16 large ice cubes
- Pour the boiling water into a large bowl. Add the gelatin and cinnamon, and stir for at least 2 minutes, until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Add enough ice (or cold water) to the juice to measure 1½ cups. Add to the gelatin mixture and stir until the ice is completely melted.
- Refrigerate for about 45 minutes, or until the gelatin is slightly thickened (to the consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Reserve ¼ cup each of the pineapple and orange. Add remaining pineapple and oranges to gelatin. Pour mixture into a 1½-quart serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with the reserved pineapple and oranges, and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 41, Total fat 0 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 23 mg, Total fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, Carbohydrates 10 g, Potassium 94 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.