Apple Coffee Cake
Tart apples and raisins make for a moist, delicious cake.
PREP TIME :
- 5 C tart apples, cored,
- peeled, and chopped
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C dark raisins
- ½ C pecans, chopped
- ¼ C vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2½ C sifted all-purpose
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly oil a 13×9×2-inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples with sugar, raisins, and pecans; mix well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir in oil, vanilla, and egg. Sift together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; stir into apple mixture about 1/3 at a time, stirring just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Turn batter into pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake slightly before serving.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 188, Total fat 5 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 11 mg, Sodium 68 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.