Apple Cinnamon Fruit Leather
Fresh autumn apples, warm cinnamon spice and the natural sweetness of Medjool dates are all it takes to make these simple, natural fruit snacks. Snacking is a great way to add a variety of healthy plant foods to your diet, throughout the day.
PREP TIME :
- 5 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large date, pitted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place chopped apples in a medium saucepan with water.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add pitted date and cinnamon and mash. Cover and cook another 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Put mixture into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat and spread with a spatula into a thin layer.
- Bake at 175-200° (as low as your oven will go) for 2-3 hours or until it’s tacky but doesn’t stick to your finger.
*For a tasty and unique alternative, replace the apples with pears and the cinnamon with cardamom.
Nutrition (per serving):
45 calories, 0 g fat, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 0 mg sodium.