Turkey, Spinach and Apple Wrap
A healthy combination of plant-based, cancer-fighting foods and leftover turkey easily turns into a quick lunch.
PREP TIME :
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. honey mustard
- 2 (8-in) whole-wheat lavash wraps or flour tortillas
- 2 cups (washed and dried) baby spinach leaves, loosely packed, or two large leaves of a soft leafy green lettuce
- 4 thin slices turkey breast (4 ounces)
- 1/4 Granny Smith apple, sliced paper-thin
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard. Lay out both wraps. Spread the edges of each with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Leaving a margin free on the side closest to you, arrange a layer of greens on top of wraps. Top each layer with half the turkey. Evenly divide apple slices and lay lengthwise across turkey. Fold over the end of the wrap closest to you, then the two sides. Roll the wrap as tightly as possible toward the opposite side.
- Cover each wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate, seam side down, up to 4 hours before serving. When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap and cut each wrap in half, at an angle.
Nutrition (per serving):
260 calories, 6 g. total fat (1 g. saturated fat), 28 g. carbohydrate,
22 g. protein, 3 g. dietary fiber, 444 mg. sodium.