Soba Noodles with Kimchi
Soba noodles, made from buckwheat, have a unique color and firm texture. Kimchi is a traditional Korean dish of fermented vegetables such as napa cabbage and daikon radish.
PREP TIME :
1 HOUR 5 MINS
- 4 oz. soba noodles, 100% buckwheat *
- 2 tsp. roasted sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped steamed spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped kimchi
- 1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 lemon wedges, optional
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain in colander, then rinse noodles under cold running water. Drain well and divide soba between 2 pasta bowls.
- Add half sesame oil to each bowl and toss to coat soba. Top noodles with half the spinach, kimchi and broth, tossing to combine them. Sprinkle on seeds, add lemon wedges, if using, and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
294 calories, 8 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 g carbohydrate,
10 g protein, 6 g dietary fiber, 327 mg sodium.