Kabob grilling at its best—scallops and veggies!
PREP TIME :
- 3 medium green bell peppers, rinsed and cut into 1½-inch squares
- 1½ lb fresh bay scallops
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- ¼ C dry white wine
- ¼ C vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Dash garlic powder
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 wooden or metal skewers
- Preheat grill pan or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) on high temperature.
- Parboil green peppers for 2 minutes.
- On eight metal or water-soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the green peppers, scallops, and cherry tomatoes.
- Combine next five ingredients in a small bowl. Brush kabobs with wine/oil/lemon mixture.
- Grill or broil the kabobs for 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently. Serve two skewers per serving.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 224, Total fat 6 g, Saturated fat 0 less than 1 g, Cholesterol 43 mg, Sodium 355 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.