Roasted Root Vegetable Salad
This warm one-pot meal is full of hearty root vegetables like sweet potatoes, carrots and beets that pack fiber and cancer-fighting carotenoids.
PREP TIME :
- 1 small sweet potato, about 8-oz, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium potato, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (peeled parsnip may be substituted)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 medium celery stalks, 3/4-inch slices
- 1 medium beet, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1½ Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In large bowl toss potatoes, carrot, onion, celery and beet with 1/2 tablespoon oil, coating well.
- Arrange vegetables in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, stirring several times, until tender and beginning to brown, about 50 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, whisk vinegar, lemon juice and Dijon with remaining oil and stir in parsley, cilantro and walnuts. Drizzle dressing over vegetables and gently toss.
- Top with crumbled feta. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition (per serving):
156 calories, 9 g total fat (2 g saturated fat),
17 g carbohydrate, 3 protein, 3 g dietary fiber, 134 mg sodium.