Quick Beef Casserole
Lean beef, vegetables, and rice are tossed together in this quick and easy
PREP TIME :
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 C onion, chopped
- 1 C celery, rinsed and chopped
- 1 C green bell pepper, rinsed, seeded, and cubed
- 3½ C tomatoes, rinsed and diced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 C frozen peas
- 2 small carrots, rinsed, peeled, and diced
- 1 C uncooked rice
- 1½ C water
- In a sauté pan, brown the ground beef.
- Drain off the extra fat by tilting the sauté pan over a disposable cup in the sink to collect the fat. Use the lid to shield the meat from falling out. After the fat has turned solid, discard the cup in the trash.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the sauté pan, and mix well.
- Cover sauté pan with lid, and cook over medium heat until boiling.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer for 35 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 201, Total fat 5 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 16 mg, Sodium 164 mg, Total fiber 3 g, Protein 9 g, Carbohydrates 31 g, Potassium 449 mg