Pizza Stuffed Zucchini
Zucchini, schmucchini – it’s pizza!
PREP TIME :
- 4 medium zucchini
- 32 slices pepperoni, or more
- 8 slices mozzarella, or more, cut into eighths
- Italian seasoning
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Marinara, warmed, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Slice off both ends of zucchini and discard. Line up chopsticks on either side of zucchini, then carefully make 1/4” slices, making sure your knife hits the chopsticks. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Place zucchini on a parchment-lined, rimmed baking sheet and bake until pliable, 10 minutes. Let cool until you can handle, then, alternating with pepperoni and mozzarella, stuff the slices of zucchini. Sprinkle each with a pinch of Italian seasoning and 1 tablespoon Parmesan. Bake until cheese is melty and pepperoni is crispy, 10 minutes more.
- Serve with marinara for dipping.
Nutrition (per serving):
220 calories, 17 g protein, 11 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 12 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 500 mg sodium