Personal pita pizzas are fun to make, and even more fun to eat!
PREP TIME :
- 1 C Super Quick Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 1 C grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced (about 2 small breasts)
- 1 C broccoli, rinsed, chopped, and cooked
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 4 (6½-inch) whole- wheat pitas
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450 °F.
- For each pizza, spread ¼ cup tomato sauce on a pita and top with ¼ cup chicken, ¼ cup broccoli, ½ tablespoon parmesan cheese, and ¼ tablespoon chopped basil.
- Place pitas on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for about 5–8 minutes until golden brown and chicken is heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 275, Total fat 5 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 32 mg, Sodium 486 mg, Total fiber 7 g, Protein 20 g, Carbohydrates 41 g, Potassium 362 mg, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.