Marinated Chicken (Adobong Manok)
A heart healthy spin on a favorite Filipino dish, slowly simmered and richly
PREP TIME :
1 HOUR 30 MINS
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- ¼ C vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf, broken in half
- 1 medium red tomato (optional)
- Combine olive oil, garlic, and chopped onion in a frying pan. Add chicken, and sauté together until chicken has browned.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, paprika, black pepper, and bay leaf, and stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken, and save the liquid in the pan. Arrange the chicken on a broiler pan. Broil until the chicken has nicely browned. Remove from the broiler, and place chicken in a serving bowl.
- Boil the sauce in the uncovered pan until its volume is reduced to about half and the sauce is thick.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the broiled adobo (chicken), and garnish with red tomato wedges, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 190, Total fat 5 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 330 mg, Total fiber 2 g, Protein 26 g, Carbohydrates 10 g, Potassium 370 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.