Jamaican Jerk Chicken
The spices and peppers in this dish will transport you to a whole new taste.
PREP TIME :
1 HOUR 20 MINS
- 8 pieces skinless chicken (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp ground allspice
- 1½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped hot pepper
- 1 tsp dried hot pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 C onion, pureed or finely chopped
- ¼ C vinegar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Rub seasonings over chicken, and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours or longer.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Space chicken pieces evenly on a nonstick or lightly greased baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until the meat can easily be pulled away from the bone with a fork.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 113, Total fat 3 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 49 mg, Sodium 161 mg, Total fiber 1 g, Protein 16 g, Carbohydrates 6 g, Potassium 192 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.