Honey-Roasted Parsnips, Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Parsnips are a good source of folate, a B vitamin that may help prevent several different cancers. Plus their high potassium level can also be helpful in regulating blood pressure.
PREP TIME :
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups parsnips, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 firm red apples, cored and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. “lite” soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, place parsnips, sweet potatoes and apples and set aside.
- In microwave-safe bowl, mix oil and honey. In microwave, warm 10 seconds.
- Mix in soy sauce and ginger. Pour sauce over vegetables and apples. Toss to coat well. Transfer to casserole dish.
- Cover and bake until tender, about 1 hour.
Nutrition (per serving):
112 calories, 2 g total fat (less than 1 g saturated fat), 23 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein, 4 g dietary fiber, 208 mg sodium.