Herb Roasted Turkey Breast with Vegetables
Individual turkey breasts are seasoned with flavorful herbs and cooked together with a medley of vegetables to add healthy nutrients and save time.
PREP TIME :
- 2 (2.5 lb each) bone-in, skin on turkey breasts (1 whole turkey breast split in half)
- 2 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, or 1.5 tsp dried
- 3 sprigs fresh sage, or 1 tsp dried
- 5 sprigs fresh oregano, or 1 tsp dried
- 4 cloves garlic, or 1.5 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 shallots, peeled and halved length-wise
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into 1” cubes
- 1.5 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 lb whole small carrots, tops removed and sliced in half length-wise
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Add oil, rosemary, sage, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper to a small food processor (or blender). Pulse until finely chopped.
- Gently pull skin back from turkey-breast halves. Rub 1/2 of the oil-herb mixture all over turkey breasts, both under the skin and then on top.
- Arrange 6 shallot halves each on two separate large, deep baking pans. Set turkey breasts on top of shallots and add 1/2 cup chicken broth to each pan. Roast for 60 minutes. While the turkey is roasting, toss the sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and carrots with remaining oil-herb mixture in a large bowl.
- Remove turkey from oven and transfer turkey and shallots to cutting board. Carefully drain the broth (and save for gravy, if desired). Spread the sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and carrots on baking pans in an even layer. Place turkey and shallots on top of vegetables and roast until turkey registers 165°F on instant-read thermometer and vegetables are golden brown, about 60 to 75 minutes more (if vegetables or skin are starting to burn, lightly tent the turkey in foil).
- Transfer turkey to clean cutting board and let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with roasted vegetables.
Nutrition (per serving):
380 calories, 13 g total fat (3.5 g saturated fat), 19 g carbohydrate, 43 g protein, 5 g fiber, 390 mg sodium.