Grilled Peaches and Goat Cheese Salad
Grilling fruits is a delicious way to eat more fiber, nutrients and cancer-protective compounds. What’s more, you don’t have to worry about the potentially cancer-causing compounds that form when meat is grilled.
PREP TIME :
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 medium peaches, pitted and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 cups arugula, loosely packed
- 4 Tbsp goat cheese
- Prepare grill to high heat. Spray grill rack with cooking spray and set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vinegar is reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in honey. Cool to room temperature.
- Place peach wedges on grill rack. Grill 30 seconds on each side or until grill marks appear but peaches are still firm. Remove from grill and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine oil, salt and pepper. Add arugula, tossing gently to coat. Arrange arugula mixture on platter. Top with peach wedges, balsamic syrup and cheese.
Nutrition (per serving):
120 calories, 5 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat), 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g protein, 2 g fiber, 40 mg sodium.