Green Goddess Buddha Bowl
This bowl combines the star nutrition power of whole grain sorghum and beans with cool green veggies, such as arugula, avocados, cucumbers, asparagus, and pumpkin seeds.
PREP TIME :
- 2 cups cooked whole grain sorghum, cooled
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can white beans (i.e., Great Northern, cannellini)
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, sliced
- 4 cups packed baby arugula leaves
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Green Goddess Dressing:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. plain, unsweetened plant-based milk (i.e., soy, almond, coconut)
- 1/4 ripe large avocado, peeled, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber, with peel
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh herbs (i.e., dill, parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, cilantro)
- 1 stalk green onion, white and green parts, diced
- 1 small garlic clove
- Pinch white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Cook whole grain sorghum to make 2 cups, according to package directions, and cool, draining any remaining liquid.
- Assemble dressing by placing all of the dressing ingredients into the container of a small blender and process until smooth.
- Rinse and drain white beans and set aside.
- Blanch asparagus by cooking it in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, until tender, but bright green; set aside.
- Arrange 1 cup arugula leaves at the bottom of each large, individual serving bowl (4).
- Arrange over the arugula leaves in each bowl (4):
- 1/4 of the white beans (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup cooked, cooled sorghum
- 1/4 sliced avocado
- 1/4 of the cucumber slices (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 of the blanched, cooled asparagus
- A dollop (about 2 tablespoons) of Green Goddess Dressing (see below)
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
393 calories, 9 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 69 g carbohydrate, 18 g protein, 18 g fiber, 20 mg sodium.