Green Bean Saute
A simple sauté that is well suited for a special meal, yet easy enough to make every day.
PREP TIME :
- 1½ C frozen green beans, thawed (canned beans will increase sodium content)
- Nonfat cooking spray
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp imitation bacon bits
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Steam green beans until they are tender, about 3 minutes.
- While the beans are being steamed, spray a large skillet with cooking spray and sauté onion and garlic.
- Stir in green beans, bacon bits, and cayenne pepper. Heat through.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 50, Total fat 1 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 136 mg, Total fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, Carbohydrates 7 g, Calcium 41 mg.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.