This classic chilled tomato soup is chock full of garden-fresh vegetables and
PREP TIME :
- 4 C low-sodium tomato juice, divided
- ½ medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, peeled, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, pared, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 drop hot pepper sauce
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large tomato, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp minced chives or scallion tops
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- Put 2 cups of tomato juice and all other ingredients except diced tomato, chives, and lemon wedges in a blender.
- Slowly add the remaining 2 cups of tomato juice to pureed mixture. Add dice tomato. Chill.
- Serve icy cold in individual bowls garnished with chives and lemon wedges.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 87, Total fat 5 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 593 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.