This spicy stew can be frozen for later use
PREP TIME :
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)*
- 1 can (35 oz) no-salt- added Italian whole peeled tomatoes with basil, diced into small chunks
- 2 C zucchini, rinsed, quartered, and sliced
- 1 C yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground allspice (or substitute cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice)
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced or pressed (about 5 cloves)
- 1 C frozen yellow corn
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or
- 1 large lemon, freshly juiced)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Place frozen edamame in a deep saucepan with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- While soybeans cook, chop tomatoes, zucchini, and onion.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan, cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, cayenne pepper, and allspice (or cinnamon/pumpkin pie spice). Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the drained edamame, tomatoes, zucchini, corn, and salt.
- Cover. Simmer until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and oregano.
- Serve immediately
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 285, Total fat 10 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 303 mg, Total fiber 14 g, Protein 16 g, Carbohydrates 40 g, Potassium 1,227 mg