Cranberry Flax Pumpkin Bread
Two of the season’s most-loved foods come together in this delicious homemade bread.
PREP TIME :
- Canola oil spray
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup 100 percent apple juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with canola oil spray and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, flaxseed, sugar, baking soda and salt and set aside. In medium bowl, lightly beat eggs. Whisk in pumpkin, canola oil, applesauce, apple juice, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in dried cranberries. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing until all dry ingredients are incorporated into batter. Do not beat or overmix. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and continue cooling on rack.
Nutrition (per serving):
206 calories, 8 g total fat, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g protein, 3 g dietary fiber, 221 mg sodium.