Couscous With Carrots Walnuts and Raisins
This quick-cooking grain dish has a touch of sweet and nutty flavors to go with
most main dishes
PREP TIME :
- 1 C couscous (try whole- wheat couscous)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1⅓ C water
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- ½ C carrots, rinsed, peeled, and shredded or thinly sliced; cut in half
- In a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir couscous, olive oil, walnuts, salt, pepper, and spice just until couscous begins to brown.
- Slowly add water, then raisins and carrots. Cover. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from the heat, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 218, Total fat 4 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 155 mg, Total fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g, Carbohydrates 39 g, Potassium 168 mg