Chicken and Celery Stir Fry
Serve on top of steamed brown rice, and you have a quick, easy, and delicious
PREP TIME :
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp fresh scallions (green onions), rinsed and minced
- 2 C celery, rinsed and sliced
- 1 C carrots, rinsed and peeled into very thin strips
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Heat oil in a large wok or sauté pan. Add ginger, garlic, and scallions, and stir fry briefly until cooked, but not brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add celery and carrots and continue to cook gently until the celery begins to soften.
- In a bowl, mix cornstarch with chicken broth, and add to the pan. Add rice vinegar, and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower temperature to a gentle simmer.
- Add chicken, and stir continually for 5–8 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil (optional), and sesame seeds (optional), and mix gently.
- Serve 1 cup chicken stir-fry.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 188, Total fat 7 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 51 mg, Sodium 237 mg, Total fiber 2 g, Protein 22 g, Carbohydrates 8 g, Potassium 370 mg.