Caribbean Tuna Salad
Here’s a great recipe for those who want to spice up their Tuna Salad!
PREP TIME :
- 2 cans (5 oz.) Solid Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 2-½ tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- ¼ cup chopped jicama
- 1 mango (½ diced for salad and ½ sliced for garnish)
- 4 avocados, halved
- Cilantro and lime juice to taste
- Leaf lettuce, if desire
- In a medium bowl mix mayonnaise and chipotle pepper well. Add tuna, jicama and diced mango and mix well.
- Cut avocados in half and remove seed. Hollow out slightly if needed cilantro.
- Place on lettuce lined plate with mango slices as a garnish.
Nutrition (per serving):
Total Fat 17 g 26%
Saturated Fat 3 g 15%
Cholesterol 10 mg 3%
Sodium 150 mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 16 g 5%
Dietary Fiber 8 g 32%
Protein 8 g 16%