Brazilian Rice Casserole
A fruit salad would be a great complement to this dish.
PREP TIME :
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 boxes (12 oz each) frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 C cooked brown rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C liquid egg substitute
- ¾ C fat-free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 C fat-free (skim) milk
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ Tbsp low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp dried marjoram
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place thawed spinach in a colander and press to remove excess water.
- Place the spinach in a large mixing bowl, and add remaining ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut the casserole into eight squares and serve. This casserole can be prepared 1 day in advance and refrigerated.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 137, Total fat 6 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 6 mg, Sodium 186 mg, Total fiber 3 g, Protein 10 g, Carbohydrates 12 g, Potassium 309 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.