Blueberry Blast Smoothie
Smoothies have many benefits beyond good taste; they can help you eat more fruits and vegetables, the foundation of a cancer-protective diet.
PREP TIME :
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries (do not thaw)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (calcium-fortified preferred)
- 3/4 cup low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 medium frozen banana
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Place blueberries, orange juice, yogurt, banana and vanilla into blender container.
- Cover securely and blend for 30 to 35 seconds or until thick and smooth. For thinner smoothies, add more juice; for thicker smoothies, add more frozen fruit.
- Pout into 2 glasses and serve immediately.
- *Note: Don’t have frozen blueberries? Try frozen pineapple, cherries or mango.