Berry Yogurt Popsicles
Layers of mashed red cherries, blackberries and white Greek yogurt make for a healthier, lower sugar version of store-bought treats. Berries are rich in phytochemicals like anthocyanins and ellagic acid, compounds that counter inflammation and act as antioxidants.
PREP TIME :
- 1½ cup pitted fresh or frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 24 oz. vanilla Greek yogurt
- 12 (3 oz.) paper cups and 12 popsicle sticks
- In small mixing bowl mash cherries and berries.
- Drizzle on honey and mix together.
- In paper cups, layer alternating spoonfuls of yogurt and fruit until full.
- Place popsicle stick or plastic spoon in each cup. Freeze.
- When ready to serve, tear paper cup off popsicle and enjoy.
Nutrition (per serving):
69 calories, 0 g total fat (0 g saturated fat),
12 g carbohydrate, 5 g protein, 1 g dietary fiber, 18 mg sodium.