Fruit and nuts make this salad a fun starter or side to most main-dish meals . . and it can be served year round!
PREP TIME :
- 1 Granny Smith apple, rinsed and sliced thinly (with skin)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bag mixed lettuce greens or your favorite lettuce) (about 5 C), rinsed
- ½ C dried cranberries
- ¼ C walnuts, chopped
- ¼ C unsalted sunflower seeds
- ⅓ C low-fat raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- Sprinkle lemon juice on the apple slices.
- Mix the lettuce, cranberries, apple, walnuts, and sunflower seeds in a bowl.
- Toss with raspberry vinaigrette dressing, to lightly cover the salad, and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 138, Total fat 7 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 41 mg, Total fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, Carbohydrates 19 g, Potassium 230 mg.