Asian Style Steamed Salmon
Enjoy this simple, fast dish any weeknight.
PREP TIME :
- 1 C low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ C shiitake mushroom caps, rinsed and sliced (or substitute dried shiitake mushrooms)
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced (or 2 tsp ground)
- ¼ C scallions (green onions), rinsed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- 12 oz salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- Combine chicken broth, mushroom caps, ginger, scallions, soy sauce, and sesame oil (optional) in a large, shallow sauté pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Add salmon fillets, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook gently over low heat for 4–5 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
- Serve one piece of salmon with ¼ cup of broth.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 175, Total fat 9 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 48 mg, Sodium 208 mg, Total fiber 1 g, Protein 19 g, Carbohydrates 4 g, Potassium 487 mg.