Argentinean Chimichurri Sauce
This popular low-sodium sauce adds great flavor to meats and vegetables.
PREP TIME :
- 1 C flat-leaf parsley, lightly packed and chopped without the stalks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp peppercorn, freshly ground
- ½ tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp green onion, minced
- ½ C olive oil
- ¾ C vinegar
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ C water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped, but not pureed. Store in a glass container.
- Spoon the sauce over grilled meats, poultry, seafood, or vegetables. This sauce can also be used as a marinade
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 88, Total fat 9 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 30 mg, Total fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g, Carbohydrates 2 g, Potassium 52 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.