Broccoli Cheesy Bread
Here’s a great recipe for those who run at the sight of a vegetable! Hide it with cheese, because let’s face it, just about everything tastes better with cheese.
Pro Tip: Wringing out the steamed broccoli insures the cheesy bread is crisp, not soggy.
PREP TIME :
- 3 c. riced broccoli
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Warmed marinara, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a large
baking sheet with parchment paper. Microwave riced broccoli for 1 minute to steam. Carefully ring out extra moisture from the broccoli using paper towel or cheese cloth.
- Transfer broccoli to a large bowl and add egg, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, and garlic. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Transfer dough to baking sheet and shape into a thin, round crust.
- Bake until golden and dried out, 20 minutes. Top with with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crispy, 10 minutes more. Garnish with parsley and pepper flakes if using. Serve warm with marinara.
Nutrition (per serving):
110 calories, 9 g protein, 6 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 6 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 210 mg sodium